COVID Relief & Recovery in East and South Asia at A Glance
September 1, 2020
In late January 2020, the Amity Foundation in China alerted me the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 (later known COVID-19) and invited me to raise fund and provide medical supply for the hospitals in China. This invitation began my involvement of COVID relief and recovery work till now. I am sharing with you what International Ministries has been doing for COVID relief and recovery in my area. You can find related information as follows.
* IM Donors Respond with Medical Supplies during COVID-19: https://im.projectworldimpact.com/im-donors-respond-with-medical-supplies-during-covid-19/
* Church support from over the Pacific – Amity interviewed Ben Chan on COVID-19 Relief: https://im.projectworldimpact.com/church-support-from-over-the-pacific-amity-interviewed-ben-chan-on-covid-19-relief/
Started fund-raising for COVID relief for China in partnership with the Asia Pacific Forum and the Amity Foundation, China.
– Searching for medical supply for hospitals in China in partnership with the Amity Foundation.
March to April
– Provided 8,082 medical use coveralls and 148,840 masks to China in partnership with the Amity Foundation, the China Christian Council and the Three Self Patriotic Movement, China.
Promoting OGHS COVID Response: International for Global Relief: https://im.projectworldimpact.com/covid-19-response-for-global-relief/
– Provided 160 medical use masks to first line health workers, and 43,650 common use masks to grassroots community in Hong Kong.
– Provided financial assistance to 14 partner Swatow Baptist churches and a Bible school in Hong Kong and Macau.
– Amity Foundation provided 2,000 common use masks to International Ministries.
China/ Hong Kong
– Providing 1,050 health care bags to schools in Sichuan Province in partnership with the Amity Foundation.
– Providing common use masks and food coupons to 350 new immigrant, ethnic minority and grassroots families.
– Providing 550 food coupons to the homeless.
– Provided financial assistance to a partner Christian organization in Hong Kong.
– Providing food, health kits and financial assistance to churches and Christian organizations to help needed families and to maintain their ministries.
– Provided financial assistance to two partner organizations in India to maintain their ministries.
– Providing food to 130 needed families.
– Providing health kits to 2 rural health posts.
– Providing free medicine to 150 COVID related patients.
– Supporting COVID radio awareness broadcasting.
– Provided financial assistance to a partner church to reopen its ministry.
– Providing common use masks and food coupons to 350 grassroots, new immigrant and ethnic minority families.
– Providing health kits and food coupons to 1,000 homeless people.
– Providing financial assistance to two Baptist women’s groups to help their clients in India.